Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Asian Wit

     After brewing two kit beers we decided that it was time to create our own recipe.  Amy tasked me with finding a way to utilize lemongrass and Thai basil.  Dogfish Head's Namaste was a good start for me but I didn't want a copy so I started searching for Belgian wit recipes that I could tinker with.  What I finally came up with was a Belgian wit using Hallertauer hops and lemongrass in the boil, Thai Basil as a "dry hop" in the 2nd fermentor, an OG of 1.065, and around 20 IBUs that I call our Asian Wit.  For our first custom recipe I must say I think it turned out well.

2 comments:

  1. I liked the hop choice and use of lemongrass, but need to tinker with maybe another ingredient in the boil and how many days to leave the Thai basil in the 2nd fermentor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good beer. The concept is great, but needs a better finish. Thai Basil nose is amazing.

    ReplyDelete